11 April 2007

Organizing the trip

We have organized this complete trip and all the accommodation via the internet - I spend more than one month to do a big search to find quality hotels with a good price. It was a hard work but very pleasant.
When we bought the airplane tickets in December, I bought the European Lonely Planet travelers guide and decided to separate the book and make little booklets of only the countries that we are traveling to. I made 5 little booklets which is more convenient to read during the trip.
I bought another book about a couple from Brisbane who travel around Europe and exchanged housing using the Home Exchange Association. After that, I became a member of this association and sent more than 200 emails to Rome, Paris and Amsterdam to ask people if they would like to exchange homes with us. I received emails saying Australia is too far away. However, some home exchange members offered to rent their home and we decide to accept some offers.
We are very enthusiastic to meet these people, maybe we can use the home exchange association for the next time.

1 comment:

f-r-a-g-r-a-n-c-e said...

hey ana ...i really like the way u organize the trip...i wish gud luck to both of u and ill try my best to be in ur touch time to time......and u can view sum more and latest abut me and this link http://f-r-a-g-r-a-n-c-e.hi5.com
.........cya...n take care both of u